Skip to content
Note: the information on this page is being reviewed and will be updated shortly.
Summary of restrictions
Last updated 30 January 2023
People that are diagnosed with COVID-19 must:
People that are diagnosed with COVID-19 should:
- stay at home until their symptoms are gone or are feeling much better.
- wear a mask when in indoor public places or using public transport.
- not enter a high-risk setting, disability service setting, or residential care setting for 7 days from the date of a positive COVID-19 test, unless granted approval by the facility.
- minimise movements in the community where possible, for example work from home and avoid non-essential gatherings.
- check their workplace policies for COVID-19 and talk to employers about when they should return to the workplace.
Applying for an exemption
You may be able to apply for exemption from one or more of these restrictions on medical, compassionate, or other grounds.
See exemptions for more information.
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. We acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.
January 30 2023