Provided you’re feeling well and you’re not in isolation or quarantine, attend your COVID-19 vaccination appointment. If you can’t make it, reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Who we’re vaccinating
Everyone aged 12 years and over can book in for a COVID-19 vaccination.
More information on our COVID-19 vaccine eligibility page.
How to book
Make a booking:
- at an ACT Government COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- at a GP – use the Eligibility Checker
- at a pharmacy – use the Eligibility Checker
- at Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service (Pfizer and AstraZeneca) – call reception on 02 6284 6222, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
*MyDHR bookings are unavailable for people aged 12-15 or those without a Medicare card. Please call us on 02 5124 7700, 7am to 7pm, daily to book a vaccination appointment at an ACT Government COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic instead.
How to book if you don't have a Medicare card
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is voluntary and free for everyone in Australia, even if you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
This includes people:
- without a Medicare card
- overseas visitors
- international students
- migrant workers, and
- asylum seekers.
If you don't have a Medicare card, you can book in for your free COVID-19 vaccination at:
- an ACT Government COVID-19 vaccination clinic – call the ACT COVID-19 vaccination booking line on 02 5124 7700, 7am to 7pm, daily
- GP respiratory clinic (YourGP@Crace or Lakeview Respiratory clinic in Tuggeranong), or
- at a participating pharmacy.
If you’re not eligible for Medicare, you can still get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations.
How to book online
Book your COVID-19 vaccination appointment online at an ACT Government COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic using MyDHR.
- Sign up to MyDHR and confirm you’re eligible to get vaccinated. An invite to book an appointment will be sent to you within 24 hours of signing up.
- Sign in to MyDHR to schedule your COVID-19 vaccination appointment. You will receive a text message or email confirming you've booked within the hour. Your second dose appointment will be made during your first visit.
Tips for booking online
If your MyDHR account is not recognising your Medicare card, it could be because:
- You may be entering the number incorrectly
When filling out the Medicare number, please note the format needs to be XXXXXXXXXX-X where the last digit (IRN) is what appears next to your first name on your Medicare card.
Include the hyphen ( - ) when filling out your Medicare number before you enter the IRN number.
- You have a new Medicare card
Your Medicare number changes when you get a new card.
If you haven’t attended a public health facility in the ACT since getting a new card, call 02 5124 7700 (press option 1) for MyDHR technical support. They can update your Medicare card in the system so you can book online.
- You’ve never accessed the public health system in the ACT.
Call the ACT COVID-19 Vaccination Line on 02 5124 7700 (7am to 7pm, daily) to make an appointment.
If you're still having issues booking online:
- call the MyDHR technical support team on 02 5124 7700 (press option 1)
- see MyDHR Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note MyDHR bookings are unavailable for people aged 12-15 or those without a Medicare card. Please call us on 02 5124 7700, 7am to 7pm, daily to book a vaccination appointment at an ACT Government COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic instead.
Where to get vaccinated
COVID-19 vaccinations are being offered in the ACT at:
- ACT Government clinic Access and Sensory Clinic: Pfizer for people aged 12-59
- ACT Government clinic AIS Arena COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic: Pfizer for people aged 12-59
- ACT Government clinic Canberra Airport COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic: Pfizer for people aged 12-59
- ACT Government clinic Calvary Public Hospital COVID-19 vaccination clinic: AstraZeneca for people aged 60 years and over
- participating GPs: Pfizer for people aged 12-59 and AstraZeneca for people aged 18 years and over
- participating pharmacies: Moderna for people aged 12-59 and AstraZeneca for people aged 18 years and over
- Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health and Community Services: Pfizer and AstraZeneca clinic for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Free public transport to ACT Government COVID-19 vaccination clinics
Transport Canberra is providing free transport on bus and light rail for anyone travelling to any ACT Government COVID-19 vaccination clinic.
Free travel includes family, carers, guardians, support people and children accompanying the person getting vaccinated.
To access free travel, individuals need to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination booking at an ACT Government clinic to the driver or customer service officer (upon request).
You can plan your trip ahead of time using Transport Canberra’s Journey Planner.
Getting to the AIS Arena COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic
Individuals going to the AIS Arena COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic can make use of the Rapid 9 (R9) from Dickson and Belconnen interchanges.
The service will divert slightly to drop off and pick up customers from the AIS Arena COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic.
The service operates every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends.
The R9 will run until after the AIS Arena clinic finishes its last appointment.
For more information, see a map of the bus service (PDF 80KB).
Getting to the Canberra Airport COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic
Individuals going to the Canberra Airport COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic can make use of a free shuttle bus service from the Airport Terminal bus stop to the Canberra Airport COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic.
The shuttle service operates from 7.50am until 4pm, 7 days a week with services every 15 minutes.
Individuals can connect with the Rapid 3 from the Airport Terminal stop.
For more information see a map of the shuttle service (PDF 692KB).
Preparing for your COVID-19 vaccination
Find out what you can do to prepare yourself for a COVID-19 vaccination, including providing informed consent.
Cancelling or rescheduling your appointment
If you can’t make it to your appointment at an ACT Government COVID-19 vaccination clinic because you’re unwell, have COVID-19 symptoms or for other reasons, you can reschedule or cancel your appointment by:
- logging into your MyDHR account, or
- using our cancellation form, or
- calling the ACT COVID-19 vaccination booking line 02 5124 7700 (7am to 7pm, daily).
Frequently asked questions
Got a question on COVID-19 vaccines? Please see our COVID-19 vaccine frequently asked questions page.