Vaccines are one of the most effective ways to protect against communicable diseases, like COVID-19.
We are currently contacting people who can get the COVID-19 vaccine under phase 1a.
If you are booked in to get the vaccine under phase 1a, but cannot make it to your appointment, please cancel or reschedule using the appointment cancellation form.
The COVID-19 vaccination program in the ACT will roll out over the course of 2021.
We’ve begun speaking to people who can get the COVID-19 vaccine under phase 1a of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine national rollout strategy. This includes:
- COVID-19 testing staff, including GP respiratory assessment clinics and Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health and Community Services
- quarantine workers including Australian Border Force, airline staff, defence, police, transport, hotel staff and some public health staff
- emergency department staff at Canberra Health Services, Calvary Public Hospital Bruce, Yass and Queanbeyan District Hospitals
- intensive care unit (ICU) and critical care staff at Canberra Health Services, Calvary Public Hospital Bruce, National Capital Private Hospital and Calvary John James Hospital
- ACT ambulance service staff
- staff working in designated COVID-19 wards at the Canberra Hospital and Calvary Public Hospital Bruce.
Vaccinating the general population in Canberra is expected to begin mid-year, in line with the national roll out.
The COVID-19 vaccine will be free for all adults who want to get vaccinated.
For more information, see the Australian Government’s Who will get the vaccines page.
What should I do right now?
- Stay up to date with trusted sources of information including the ACT Government COVID-19 website. It’s important to stay up to date so you’ll know when it’s your turn to get vaccinated. Our website will be updated regularly and will we continue to let the community know about how the COVID-19 vaccine will be rolled out over the coming months.
- Speak to your GP or primary health provider if you are unsure about which group you are in.
- Call the National Vaccine Helpline on 1800 020 080 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) if you’d like to speak to someone about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Continue to be COVID Safe.
The COVID-19 vaccination program will roll out in the ACT over 2021.
Get the latest information about the vaccine if you work in health care in the ACT.
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health website to learn about the first phase of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout to residential aged care facilities.
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health website for information about getting the vaccine if you are a person with a disability.
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health website for information about COVID-19 vaccines for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Australian Government has information about COVID-19 vaccines translated into multiple languages.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) announced today that they have approved the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for use in Australia.25 Jan 2021