Applications to increase the number of attendees permitted at funeral can be made in writing to the Chief Health Officer.
Applications must be sent to COVID.email@example.com at least 72 hours before the funeral service.
The following details must be included:
- Name of the deceased
- Name and contact details of the applicant
- Relationship of the applicant to the deceased
- Proposed number of attendees
- Relationship of each attendee to the deceased (i.e. 2x children, 3x grandchildren, 2x partners of grandchildren)
- The number of attendees under 18
- The number of attendees travelling from interstate and their usual place of residence
- Date, time and location of the funeral service
- Confirmation that the service location can cater for the proposed number of attendees and funeral staff while meeting social distancing requirements of 1 person per 4 square metres. (For example, a 100sqm indoor location could fit a maximum of 25 people at one time. Therefore in a 100sqm location in which 3 staff will be present, that means only 22 mourners could be present while meeting social distancing requirements).
- Any other details that may be relevant to consideration of the application.
The outcome of the application will be provided at least 24 hours before the funeral service.