02 May 2021
The West Australian (WA) Government announced on 1 May 2021 that it is investigating three new cases of COVID-19.
As a result, a new ACT Public Health (COVID-19 Areas of Concern) Notice comes into effect from 6.00pm today.
Anyone who is entering or already in the ACT and has been in the Perth or Peel regions in the last 14 days must:
- Complete an online declaration form within the 24 hour period prior to entering the ACT, or by 6.00pm tomorrow (3 May) if they are already in the ACT. If they have completed the declaration form in the past 14 days, they do not need to complete it again, unless they were in the Perth or Peel region on or after 27 April 2021. If unable to complete the online form please call ACT Health on (02) 6207 7244. The declaration form will be available from 6.00pm today.
- Continue to monitor for COVID-like symptoms and if you experience even the mildest of symptoms go to a COVID-19 testing clinic to be tested.
Anyone currently in the ACT who has been in the Perth or Peel regions since 27 April should immediately check the WA Health website to see if they have been at a public exposure site
- If they attended any of the WA exposure sites on or after 27 April OR a close contact exposure site prior to 27 April, they must immediately quarantine for 14 days, get tested and call ACT Health on (02) 5124 6209.
- If they attended a casual contact exposure site prior to 27 April, and have not yet had a negative test result, they must immediately get a COVID-19 test and isolate until they receive a negative test result.
Prior to travelling to the ACT, anyone who has been in the Perth or Peel regions in the last 14 days should immediately check the WA Health website to determine whether they have been to any exposure sites, and follow the WA public health advice. Non-ACT residents who have been to a close contact exposures site must not enter the ACT unless they obtain an exemption before arriving. ACT residents who are a close contact should call ACT Health on (02) 5124 6209.
Given the evolving nature of the situation, travel to WA is discouraged at this time. If ACT residents do choose to travel to WA, they should be prepared for things to change quickly and to complete an online declaration form on return to the ACT.
The ACT Public Health (COVID-19 Areas of Concern) Notice 2021 is regularly updated on the ACT COVID-19 website as new COVID-19 exposure sites are identified. Please continue checking to see if you have been to a COVID-19 exposure site.
This situation is a reminder that COVID-19 is still with us. Please remember that things can change quickly, and regularly check the public health advice in the state or territory you are or were visiting.
Please continue to keep Canberra safe and strong by:
- physically distancing from people you do not know
- practising careful hand and respiratory hygiene
- staying home if unwell
- getting tested for COVID-19 if experiencing even mild COVID-like symptoms
- using the Check In CBR app when out and about for contact tracing purposes.