Factsheet – Health care
Current restrictions in force are part of Step 3.2 of Canberra’s Recovery Plan are outlined in the page below.
Changes to restrictions are scheduled to come into effect at 9am Wednesday 2 December 2020. To find out more check the Changes to Restrictions page.
Find information, advice and updates for this sector at the ACT Health website.
- The Public Health Directions legislate how businesses can operate during the Public Health Emergency. Please keep up to date with the latest Public Health Directions because you may be fined if you don’t comply with them.
- Canberra’s Recovery Plan: Easing of Restrictions - our roadmap to recovery
- COVID Safety Plan - what it is and how to prepare
- Business resources - posters and other information to help you be COVID-safe
- Collecting and storing customer information - what you need to know
- Check In CBR App - it’s easy to register to use this free and easy to use app
- Keeping safe at work - information on how to keep your customers and staff safe
- WorkSafe cleaning checklist
- How to apply indoor and outdoor capacity rules in your business or venue
- Managing COVID-19 health risk—advice for employers and employees
- Safework Australia—National guide for safe workplaces: COVID-19
- COVID-19 infection control training and resources
- COVID-19 helpline - call 6207 7244
- Access Canberra advice about Stage 3.2 restrictions
- Access Canberra Business Liaison Team on (02) 6205 0900 - for further information on restrictions for venues
- Canberra Business Advice and Support Service - Business owners can receive up to four hours of free, tailored advice and access online business development resources. Call (02) 62973121.
The ACT Government is continuing to support the ACT community as we begin to cautiously reopen our society and economy and learn to interact as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
Visit the Supporting local businesses page for the full detail of the support available for businesses and eligibility requirements.
Businesses in this sector may be eligible to receive:
- A payment of $15,000 per authorisation to voluntarily surrender gaming machine authorisations.
- waiver/refund of gaming machine tax liabilities for clubs for March 2020 gaming activity (for clubs that pay tax monthly) or gaming activity in the first quarter of 2020 (for clubs eligible to pay tax quarterly).
- rebate of fixed water and sewerage charges on Icon Water bills for the next two quarters (for community clubs).
- a freeze on annual increases to a range of government fees and charges
- six-month payroll tax waiver from April to September 2020.
- a further payroll tax waiver for businesses unable, or essentially unable, to trade from 1 October to 31 December 2020 due to COVID-19 health related restrictions.
- interest free payroll tax deferrals until July 2022 (for businesses with Australia-wide wages of up to $10 million)
- rent relief for commercial property owner-operators and commercial property tenants; and
- free infection control training.
Find out what else the ACT Government is doing to support Canberrans on the Economic Survival Package page.
Find out more about the Commonwealth Government’s Economic Response to the Coronavirus on the Treasury website.